A Wealth of Info: Interstitial Cystitis Association on INSPIRE forums

INSPIRE Interstitial Associational website is truly a motherload of information on everything you want to know about IC, chronic urinary tract infections and recurring UTIs. It is a massive forum discussions from IC and UTI patients who share their painful and recovery experiences with you. I go often to browse discussions, and to look up anything I want to know about IC doctors, IC medications, or natural IC treatments that have failed and succeeded for patients like myself. It has been tremendously helpful and more insightful than any doctor I've met, because this website lists hundreds of IC patients' trial-and-errors with all sorts of treatment methods.


I highly recommend this site and to bookmark it if you have IC or frequent UTIs. I use it a lot to research about patients' reactions before I try a new supplement or medication that is recommended by my doctors. I also share my experiences on there as well. You learn a lot of stuff on there, like how cranberry juice flares ICs and UTIs and is outdated advice by doctors, vitamin Cs containing citric acid or ascorbic acid will hurt the bladder so you have to be careful how you get your vitamin C, or Vitamin D above a certain number of IU could hurt the bladder so you have to test it out slowly, etc. This site has truly saved me a number of times.

I get advice from patients there as well, so it's super helpful to know what works or doesn't work for others, so I can proceed with caution to try out different methods of treatments. I have also met a new friend on there too, who I message back and forth with often and found out that we both love art. I am very grateful for Inspire for bringing me a new friend. I've also made a few other new friends from other IC networks, but Inspire has been the most helpful since it is regularly updated with so many people's discussions on their IC and UTIs.

I'm on there as Vancouver_UTI_Girl if you want to message me there.