Patient Visitor Guide to Dr. Sevinc Urologist Bladder Fulguration

This post is for those who are interested in visiting Dr. Cuneyd Sevinc in Instanbul, Turkey for bladder fulguration. After seeing a patient request a guide, I'm putting together a travel guide here to help patients plan on their trip. I know it may sound scary to many to travel so far away while on a painful or high frequency bladder condition.

* This post will continuously be updated as I receive more information from his patients.

Who is Dr Sevinc and what does he do? 
His full name is Dr. Cüneyd Sevinç and here are his credentials:
• Varicocele Surgery website (in Turkish) - just hit Translate to English on Google browser
• Urology Instanbul (in Turkish) - just hit Translate to English on Google browser

Can I see Dr Sevinc's bladder fulguration work on social media?
• Dr Sevinc instagram
Dr Sevinc Chronic Cystitis Treatment Youtube

How do I contact Dr Sevinc?
see his social media above

Team and Dr Sevinc together's social media:

Where is Liv Hospital and what does it look like?
There are several Liv Hospitals in the area, so be careful! The one you want to go to is at Liv Hospital, Ulus Ahmet, Adnan Saygun Cad, Canan Sk, 34340 Beşiktaş, Turkey.
• search "Liv Hospital Instanbul" in Google Images for photos

When is the best weather to visit Instanbul?
• April-May or mid-September to October-end
• Temperatures: 12°C and 25°C, few brief showers occasionally
• These months also avoid the large tourist crowds
• More about the best time to visit Instanbul on the SantoriniDave website.

What can I do as a tourist in Instanbul?
If your bladder condition is mild to moderate, and you have money and time to tour Instanbul, here is some tourist info for you to take some instagram-worthy pics!

Dr Sevinc's Patient's Hotel or AirBnB Stays:
I was told that a 5-10 min taxi to the Liv Hospital would cost around 5 euros each way as of August 2021. If you come across this site in the future, prices may be higher or lower from world economy changes. Here are hotels that patients have stayed at and recommended:
• Class Hotel Bosphorus - 4 min drive to hospital
• Conrad Instanbul Bosphorus (President Obama stayed here before) 9 min drive to hospital
Vital Hotel Fulya & Spa 11 min drive to hospital

If you don't want to stay at the hotels I have listed, there are lots of hotels around the hospital if you view them on Google Maps here. Just remember that it's better to stay for comfort instead of stay for budget. Your bladder will thank you for that, especially after your operation.

How long should I stay?
As of August 2021, I was told this. It may change if you see this site in the future.
1st day: You will have Covid test and a consultation with Dr Sevinc 
2nd day: surgery and overnight stay at hospital with 24 hour catheter in you. Pain meds and IV and nurses are there around the clock for you, don't be scared.
3rd day: discharged from hospital (Now, I heard there were 2 ladies who had to stay longer because their situation was more serious, so plan for at least an extra stay at the hospital just in case)
4th day or few days later: check by Dr Sevinc to see how your bladder is healing
Whatever day: fly home
My honest opinion is that for best comfort, stay at least 5-7 days AFTER your surgery in Turkey, to make sure your healing is going fine. My personal thinking is to benchmark extra time for possible complications, and to ensure you feel better before flying out. One lady flew back out the day after her operation and that was hell for her. That takes some iron willpower and torture, I could never do that. Another lady had to fly back out the next day also, but she still had the catheter in her because she flew out too early so she had to keep it in herself for one more day. So again, I recommend stay longer. You're already paying money and time and effort to do all this, you want to make sure you do it right!

How long should I book work off? What if I can't afford the money or time off?
Some ladies I talked to said they won't go back to work until 1-2 weeks after the trip. Seems like most are saying the 2 week mark. I booked 2 weeks off work after my trip as well. For total, I booked one month off for medical reasons and you can try that too. So I have 2 weeks off for the trip duration, and 2 weeks off after the trip to rest and not do work. There are ways you can do this, you can link your sick days and vacation time off together to make a long 2 - 4 weeks off. Or you can book it as medical leave. You can also book time off as vacation time, and then when you return, take a medical or stress leave to allot yourself even more time off. There are many strategies you can do. If you are tight with money, you can also take out a line of credit (low interest rate) loan for back-up, or for the trip. If you don't qualify for a loan, you can set up a GoFundMe page for your family and friends to pitch in for your trip.

Dr Sevinc's Patient's Blogs and Vlogs :
Here are some patient's personal experiences and they have blogged or vlogged about it:


Is Turkey safe? 
Some ladies have said that they were afraid of traveling to the Middle East because of Hollywood films or news. My personal opinion is that I am not afraid. I have traveled to the Middle East before, and I have friends from Turkey, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Egypt in my classes at University. My best friend whom I have known for over a decade is a girl from the Middle East. Here is a travel advisory info on which places to avoid if you plan to tour around Turkey before your procedure:
• Canada Government site Turkey Travel Advisory

Travel Health Insurance:
Health/Medical insurance companies that you can purchase from for your trip:
• at this moment, I don't know any yet but will post when I find out what patients used.

Airlines:
• at this moment, I don't know any yet but will post when I find out what patients used.

Flight Details Before & After (written in 2021):
When you are ready to leave Turkey to fly home, you must get a negative Covid test. A patient recommended PCR Test Instanbul. She scheduled it to happen in her hotel room. They arrived within 2 hours and the results were given to her on the same day. See website link for more information.


This page will be updated continuously as I get more patient stories of their visit to Dr Sevinc in Turkey. 

I have been given permission by Dr. Sevinc to publish this information.

Note: I am not sponsored nor collaborating with Dr Sevinc in any way, shape or form by making this page. I saw Facebook posts of women asking for a guide, and it gave me this idea to do this post to make it easy for everyone to access on one page. It's just like how I post about all the other doctors on this blog. It's your choice and your decision on who you wish to see. I am not responsible for your decisions or experiences.