The NDM Biofilm Protocol for Stubborn UTIs

What is the NDM protocol? NAC + D-Mannose + Morinda (Noni). It is a biofilm breaker taken with your long-term aggressive antibiotics. It supposedly helps lift those embedded stubborn pathogens hidden in your bladder layers, push them out of your bladder layers into your bladder urine, so your antibiotics can now kill those free-floating pathogens. Three ladies have gotten back to me that they are healed on this protocol taken with their antibiotics.


The NDM Biofilm Protocol for stubborn forever-lingering Urinary Tract Infections was a method that I shared on Facebook and it started being shared further beyond that into UTI Facebook groups. The medical study was done with long-term antibiotics to ensure its efficacy.

So far, I have met 3 ladies now who have cured their long-term stubborn embedded UTIs with this method. One or two of them were misdiagnosed with interstitial cystitis. However, it was not even IC to begin with, it turned out they had a "forever" urinary tract infection that lingered on and was never properly treated. There are fervent discussions now in the IC and UTI communities that many cases of Interstitial Cystitis may have been a misdiagnosed urinary tract all along, but that is something you can discuss with the doctors listed on my Help page.

The other ladies whom I personally know who did this, were also on long-term high dose antibiotics. One was under Dr. Stewart Bundrick, the under Professor Malone-Lee, and the other at another doctor I believe. These doctors may or may not support the NDM biofilm protocol. I believe Professor Malone-Lee advises against biofilm disrupters. But this NDM protocol was a proven study that I found and shared to UTI patients to give it a try. And now that 3 of them have done this and gotten their UTIs to 95%-100% healed, I was amazed and delighted. Have I tried it? At the time, no. Ok I did try it for a week but paused afterwards, because I wanted to see how others would do first. But now that I've seen 3 ladies have done it and healed, I have started this 2 protocol nights ago. Also, I had been trying a different protocol instead, but the other one did not succeed.

When I say long-term antibiotics, I am not talking about 7 days or weeks. I am talking about many months to 1-2 years. One lady was on 5 months of antibiotics (high dose, not low dose) while on this protocol and is fully healed today. She continues the antibiotics for 3 more months to be 100% sure that the infection will be completely gone. She is Carrie Rogers' success story posted on my Twitter or Facebook somewhere. The second lady is on my Twitter; she did 2 full months of this NDM protocol while under Professor Malone-Lee and today she feels 90% healed. I am waiting for her permission to post her story on my Twitter, blog and facebook. But she had fought this UTI for years before finding the right treatment combination! The 3rd one is 95% healed and says she's feeling so close to her old self again. All 3 ladies have been on months and months of antibiotics. If you join the embedded or chronic UTI facebook groups listed on my FAQ page at #21, the groups will explain there why it takes months to eradicate a stubborn UTI. The longer you've had your UTI (eg stuck with it for a year, 2 years, 5 years etc because doctors mislabeled you as interstitial cystitis, the longer it will take to eradicate the infection).

There have been so many questions by patients on how the NDM biofilm protocol works or how to do this. I answer them here today:

1) What does NDM stands for? NAC, D-Mannose, Morinda.

2) How do I do the NDM protocol?
Read VERY carefully this article and remember every detail. I do not answer questions from ladies on the NDM protocol because it is outlined so well in this article:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5656868/

3) Can you just summarize the recipe to me?
D-mannose 500 mg, N-acetylcysteine (NAC) 100 mg and Morinda citrifolia fruit extract 200 mg (also known as Noni) for two months with the following regimen: NDM 1 vial every 12 h after emptying the bladder for 60 days and then 1 vial every 24 h after emptying the bladder for 4 months, associated with variable antibiotic therapy, depending on microbial sensitivity.
If you are a beginner to this blog and to the UTI and IC world:
NAC = biofilm breaker, click here to read what it is
D-Mannose = binds to e-coli and flushes them out, click here to read what it is
Morinda = a fruit, click here to read what it is

4) Which brands did you get?
You can buy any brand you like. I got these because they contained the closest dosage to the article. Some ladies were doing 500mg NAC instead of 100mg, and I guess it's up to you. I'm trying to stay as close to the article's measuresments as possible. However, I take 10 times the amount of D-Mannose, because my Microgen DX tests revealed I had high ecoli. If you read through my old posts, D-Mannose was diminishing my ecoli naturally, back when nobody would give me antibiotics.

  • 1 Kirkman NAC 100mg capsule
  • 1 teaspoon of WestCoast Mint D-Mannose which is about 2000mg (yes, I take 10 times the amount, you don't have to)
  • 1/2 of Eclectic Noni 375 mg capsule (I break the powder into halves, to make it roughly 200mg per intake)

5) How do you take it?
  • Morning: I pee first, Then I take the NDM with a glass of neutral PH water (I use the Fiji water brand) on an empty stomach.
  • Next, I wait 1-2 hours for it to fully get into my system, then I take my antibiotics with food
  • Night: Then 9 - 12 hours later, I do the exact same steps one more time

    Very detailed version: I pee first. I mix 1 teaspoon of D-Mannose powder into one glass of water. I drink that while I swallow my 1 NAC capsule and 1 Morinda capsule along. So basically all 3 are consumed at once. 

However, you'll notice that my Morinda capsules are 375mg, not 200mg like the article. So I have to open the original capsule, split the powder in half, put half into a new capsules and the other half into another capsule, so that I have roughly 200mg to take each time. You don't have to do this, but I don't want to overdo my Morinda. However, as I start to feel better or more brave, I might just take the entire 375mg Morinda. I don't know yet. I had to buy empty capsules (very small so it's easier for my throat to swallow) to split the Morinda powder into them to make 200mg worth each. I just eyeball it, I don't do any special measurements. If you have a better suggestion of doing this more efficiently, I would be so appreciative if you can let me know via Twitter or Facebook.


The other patient did it differently. She spaced them out farther apart. She had the NDM protocol done 6 hours before antibiotics, twice a day. So she would have her NDM at 6am, antibiotics + food at noon, NDM at 6pm and antibiotics + food at midnight. She also didn't use Morinda/Noni in pill form, she did it in juice form. She was the one who healed 100%. The other who healed up to 90%, she had her NDM half an hour before eating her antibiotics. So I guess it's up to you. Right now I don't have enough information to base on what works better. The reason why I chose powder form for the Morinda/Noni is because I heard the juice tastes horrible. Also, juice has additives, sugar, vitamin C or preservatives that can aggravate a sensitive bladder, so I went with pure Morinda powder. Please note that this is Morinda, NOT Moringa. Patients have gotten confused over the two, and many natural health food stores do as well.

It is too soon to tell how I will feel on this, so I will wait about a month before I post another update on my progress. In the meantime, you can find me here.