Antibiotic Instillations for Chronic UTI


Please note that I am not advocating for, nor against, antibiotic instillations or compounded instillations. I am just sharing what other patients are talking about in medical IC and UTI groups.

I have been introduced to antibiotic instillations and compounded inflammatory instillations, which are available to me via providers such as Ruth Kriz or Dr. Nelson. Dr. Hsieh has antibiotic and inflammatory instills too, though I don't know what is different or same, as I do not have medical terminology knowledge. I haven't done any instillations yet, but when I decide to, I will update a blog post about this. I met some patients who were put into remission from antibiotic instillations from the Ruth Kriz group, and they have been well for over 2 - 5 years after the instillations. Then there are some who are still instilling repeatedly for months or years so there are so many variables to each person's story and diagnosis.

There is a wealth of info I have learned, but I do not have the time to write everything here. These instillations are not the same as the usual ones offered from regular urologists. All the urologists in my town do not offer antibiotic instillations. But the ones I have been reading in American groups are antibiotic instillations custom prepared and made for the individual, depending on your urine test results via PCR or DNA next generation sequencing. I like doing my urine test with MicroGenDX, because they reveal what antibiotics my pathogens are resistant to. When I mean antibiotic instillations, they are antibiotics that are shot up into your bladder via a flexible catheter. It's a direct way of administering the antibiotics into your bladder. This bypasses you having to swallow oral antibiotics, which have a large impact on your gut microbiome. I have met several ladies who have healed from antibiotic instillations from Ruth Kriz, and then there are some who are still doing them -- so from my personal opinion, I can't say much yet on the technique as I am new to all this and have not experienced it yet. However, if you want to know a bit more, I advise you read these two websites: LiveUTIFree.com and ICBigSister.com

Those two websites were the very first two people I talked to during my bladder saga.  Their websites are extremely knowledgeable about chronic UTIs and the website admins may be able to tell you more about medical professionals such as Professor Malone-Lee and/or Ruth Kriz who specialize in chronic UTI and IC treatment. Professor Malone-Lee uses microscope to diagnose your infection, and his method is through long-term oral antibiotics and not antibiotic instillations. Ruth uses DNA next gen urine tests and dispenses both oral antibiotics and antibiotic instillations. Both have their own different methods of looking after chronic UTIers and ICers. To this date, they are the world's two most famous chronic UTI practitioners. There are some groups that ban patients from talking about the two medical practitioners, and some have said they are 'mavericks' who 'operate outside the system.' But if I had not stepped outside the standard medical system to explore, I would not be healing today, writing this blog to you. 

Not sure if the instills are for you? Have questions on the ingredients, or how long it takes, or how much, or when/what/how/where? I would not be able to answer these, as I have not experienced antibiotic instillations or inflammatory instillations. It would be best to head over to my Practitioners page to inquire for yourself, to decide if this is the right path for you.