Taking A Christmas Break & November Findings


I am taking a break away from the blog and instagram for about a month and will return in mid-January. Dealing with a chronic UTI is very taxing on my mind and physical state. I want to spend December focused on Christmas with my friends and family.... so I'm going to try to push the chronic UTI / IC stuff out of my mind for this month.

I also had new findings and interesting information in my journey, which is detailed on my instagram from end of October to late November. My bladder pain returned in early November, which confused me because I was recovering, and then slowly went backwards in progress! So I did a urine MicroGen DX test on November 13th to see what was going on, and results showed that my e-coli count had tripled! My recovery had gone backwards!!! The e-coli and pain had come back after I had been eating cookies, honey, milk, and noodles + taking Macrobid antibiotics + Interfase Plus (a biofilm breaker) from late October - early November. So there are 3 plausible causes -- the foods grew the e-coli, or the antibiotics killed off my good guys and the ecoli could grow back, or the Interfase Plus broke some biofilms and all the baddies came swimming out and my antibiotics couldn't kill them. I wouldn't know for sure which was the true cause.

However, what I do know is that the bladder pain correlates to the number of bugs found in my bladder! When I was in a wheelchair and barely mobile back in June, I did a urine test and the e-coli count was 1.5 million. When I was feeling really good and able to walk again by September (long story on how I healed, found on this blog and instagram), my e-coli count had fallen dramatically to 72,000. Then when my bladder pain slowly started to creep back in early November, my e-coli count showed it had crept back up to 178,000. So it's 100% confirmed that my pain grows when the bugs grow, and diminishes when the bugs fall. Therefore, I can confidently say that my bladder pain is caused by the number of e-coli in my bladder. By the way, when I say urine tests, I mean DNA next generation sequencing urine tests, not the standard lab urine tests. The standard lab urine tests have all failed me, saying I have no infection. My e-coli was found by the DNA next generation sequencing urine tests.

I will resume posting on instagram and on Youtube starting in mid-January. If you have sent an email and have not received a reply, I apologize as I am not able to catch up with emails anymore. The best place to communicate with me is on instagram. If you are looking for urgent support, please reach out to one of the practitioners on my blog's right hand side column, or the support groups at the bottom of this blog instead. I recommend starting off with the Inspire forum, because there is so much awesome information on there by chronic UTIers, ICers, and mystery bladder problem patients. I'm looking forward to coming back to this in mid-January after I take a month off to 'refresh' my mind and body.