Jaclyn Harwell's IC Healing Story


Jaclyn Harwell, the owner of The Family That Heals Together wrote about her interstitial cystitis story in April 2019.  She is not yet fully recovered as she states in her post, but she has substantially improved her symptoms, and talks about how she got herself better. I have received her approval to share her story on my blog.

"After the kidney infection passed, I was left with the most severe UTI I’d ever experienced. I used every natural remedy I was aware of: d mannose, uva ursi, monolaurin, colloidal silver, craberry juice… the list goes on. Eventually, I relented and got antibiotics. By the end of the 10 day course, my symptoms were gone, but as soon as the course of antibiotics was over, they returned with a vengeance. I tried another antibiotic, but this time, the symptoms did not abate."

Read her full story over at her website: Natural Interstitial Cystitis Treatment (& My Story)

What peaked my interest most about Jaclyn's story is that she mentions PRP therapy at the bottom of her blog post. This is relatively a new treatment for IC patients, although it has been successfully used a long time for other types of injuries.  If you follow my Facebook (search for Lexie Fei or Vancouver UTI Girl), you will see my June 2019 Facebook wall posts on the Taiwanese urology researchers who have had great success healing IC patients with PRP (platelet-rich injection therapy) in their 2018 experiments. I have started communication with a patient who has improved from PRP in the States, and her IC friend has significantly improved from bed-bound to getting her life back from that same United States PRP doctor. At the moment, I cannot share this doctor's name to respect his/her privacy. If one or more PRP doctors get back to me and approve about being published on this blog, then I will post them.